Pros and cons of condoms
Some features of utilizing condoms:
- Whenever utilized precisely and consistently, these are typically a method that is reliable of maternity.
- They help protect both partners from STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhoea and HIV.
- You simply have to utilize them when you yourself have sex – they don’t require advance planning and they are ideal for unplanned sex.
- In many situations, there are not any side that is medical from making use of condoms.
- They’ve been simple to get your hands on and are offered in a number of forms, sizes and flavours.
Some disadvantages consist of:
- Some partners discover that using condoms interrupts intercourse – getting for this, attempt to make utilizing a condom section of foreplay.
- Condoms are particularly strong but may separate or tear if you don’t used precisely. In such a circumstance for you, practise placing them on so that you become accustomed to using them.
- Some individuals could be allergic to latex, plastic or spermicides, you could get condoms which can be less inclined to cause a reaction that is allergic.
- When utilizing a condom, the guy needs to take out after he has got ejaculated and before his penis goes soft, keeping the condom securely in position.
Can such a thing make condoms less efficient?
Sperm can occasionally enter into the vagina while having sex, even though utilizing a condom. This might take place if:
- Your penis touches the area across the vagina before a condom is placed on
- The condom splits or comes down
- The condom gets damaged by razor- sharp fingernails or jewelry
- You employ oil-based lubricants, such as for example cream, child oil or petroleum ointment, with latex or condoms that are polyisoprene this damages the condom
- You’re making use of medicine for conditions like thrush, such as for instance ointments, pessaries or suppositories – this might harm latex and condoms that are polyisoprene and prevent them working precisely